CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in the Bradenton, Sarasota or Tampa offices.
About the role
As a member of the Outsourced Accounting team, you will play a significant role in the compilation and preparation of various financial statements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with an accounting team either at a CPA Firm or other public accounting organization. You should understand basic accounting processes and be able to communicate with a wide variety of clients.
We believe employees are the core to our success and therefore invest heavily in their success as well by providing a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Perform various account reconciliations.
- Create journal entries from the bank reconciliation, sales summaries, payroll information and other statements.
- Conduct and oversee daily, weekly and monthly accounting activities.
- Maintain fixed asset records.
- Prepare payroll and related state and federal filings.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes is a must.
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to organize multiple projects while working independently or with a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- PREFERRED SKILLS: QuickBooks certified preferred.