Accounting Clerk (A/P A/R)
Do you thrive in a high volume environment? Do you notice details that other people tend to overlook and that drives you crazy? Do you have the ability to work independently? Are you looking for a new and challenging role? If so this opportunity might be for you!
• Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable: minimum 3 years (Required)
• Associate or Bachelor degree (Preferred)
• Accounting: 3-4 years (Preferred)
About the role:
We have an immediate opening for a full time Accounting Clerk to work from our beautiful downtown Sarasota office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in A/P and A/R as well as a general understanding of accounting principles. Applicant should have an unwavering attention to detail. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required as well as a strong knowledge of excel.
1. Process and prepare the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions on a daily basis.
2. Prepare daily cash projections and process transfers between bank accounts, including the recording of daily ACH payments.
3. Process billings to ensure timely payment for goods and services; including creating invoices and issuing recurring monthly billings.
4. Prepare bank reconciliations, balance sheet accounts and monthly financial reports.
5. Book recurring journal entries such as (download sales, prepaid expenses, payroll expenses, depreciation expense and monthly accruals)
6. Ability to provide accounting services to multiple companies and organizations simultaneously.
7. Travel to client sites or other offices required as needed.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Have a working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Have experience working with various accounting systems and software such as: Great Plains, MS Office Suite, Intacct and/or Sage 100 preferred
• Quickbooks advanced certification is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office functions, specifically including Excel.
• Must have strong organizational skills.
• Must be able to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
A robust benefit package is offered after 60-days of employment. This includes medical, dental, and vision plans along with long term, short term disability, critical illness, accident insurance, identify theft protection, pet insurance, tele-health coverage plus CS&L pays for a $50,000 life insurance policy for each full time employee. A generous 401(k)program is also in place. Paid holidays and time off are also offered.
CS&L CPAs is a certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty. We offer a dynamic, team-oriented workspace, great benefits, and future career advancement opportunity.
CS&L CPA’s is an equal opportunity employer.