CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in the Sarasota office.
Overview of the position
As an Accounting Senior, you will be responsible for the maintenance of client accounts as assigned. The ideal candidate will have bookkeeping or other relevant accounting experience with a keen attention to detail and the desire to work in a paperless environment.
The Accounting Senior position is full-time, nonexempt and based in our Sarasota office, with occasional required travel to client sites.
- Process and prepare the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions on a daily basis.
- Prepare daily cash projections and process transfers between bank accounts, including the recording of daily ACH payments.
- Process billings to ensure timely payment for goods and services; including creating invoices and issuing recurring monthly billings.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, balance sheet accounts and monthly financial reports.
- Book recurring journal entries such as (download sales, prepaid expenses, payroll expenses, depreciation expense and monthly accruals).
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years’ of relevant accounting experience.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Experience with various accounting systems and software such as: Great Plains, MS Office Suite, Intacct and/or Sage 100 are preferred.
- QuickBooks advanced certification is preferred.
- Ability to organize multiple projects while working independently or with a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites or other office locations, as required.
- Experience in providing accounting services to multiple companies and organizations simultaneously is preferred.