Accounting Specialist, Outsourcing
Do you thrive in a high volume environment? Do you notice details that other people tend to overlook and that drives you crazy? Do you have the ability to work independently? Are you looking for a new and challenging role? If so this opportunity might be for you!
1. Basic knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting and proficient knowledge in payroll compliance.
2. In depth knowledge of and experience with preparation of multi state payroll tax filings.
3. Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
4. Proficient with accounting software, specifically QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop and Enterprise experience.
About the role:
We have an immediate opening for a full time Accounting Specialist, Outsourcing to work from our beautiful downtown Tampa office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years experience in bookkeeping/account as well as a general understanding of accounting principles. You will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including, general ledger accounting, account reconciliation and payroll compliance. You should have an unwavering attention to detail. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required as well as a strong knowledge of excel.
1. Preform bookkeeping duties for a portfolio of small to large businesses with accuracy under possible tight deadlines (A/P, A/R, bank transactions, payroll entries, month end journals).
2. Prepare management accounts and year end accounts.
3. Act as client liaison and communicate directly with clients as part of bookkeeping and accounts preparation process.
4. Prepare financials, reconciliations and process payrolls. Also prepares client chart of accounts and GL set-up.
5. Prepare corporate, payroll and sales tax returns for multiple states (including general ledger analysis and tax closing).
6. Build and maintain client relationships focused on excellent customer service.
6. Ensures financial data is entered correctly and accurately.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
2. Generally 0-3 years of accounting experience required.
A robust benefit package is offered after 60-days of employment. This includes medical, dental, and vision plans along with long term, short term disability, critical illness, accident insurance, identify theft protection, pet insurance, tele-health coverage plus CS&L pays for a $50,000 life insurance policy for each full time employee. A generous 401(k)program is also in place. Paid holidays and time off are also offered.
CS&L CPAs is a certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty. We offer a dynamic, team-oriented workspace, great benefits, and future career advancement opportunity.
CS&L CPA’s is an equal opportunity employer.