CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty. Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in the Bradenton, Sarasota or Tampa offices.
About the role
As an Audit Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and management of multiple engagement teams through the performance of audits, reviews and compilations for the Firm’s clients. You will be expected to maintain your expertise within your current professional practice and apply the latest developments as they affect GAAP.
The ideal candidate will also exercise sound judgment that best serves their respective team and client base while adhering to the Firm’s philosophy, standards and policy.
We believe employees are the core to our success and therefore invest heavily in their success as well by providing a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Communicate with clients throughout the year; this involves a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of their business rather than mere routine attendance to their immediate problems.
- Review staff assignments, making certain they are appropriate.
- Keep Principal informed of all important developments and issues that occur, detail all relevant facts, conclusions and recommend action plans.
- Pursue professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Evaluate and guide technical staff in their professional development by leading trainings.
- 8+ years of current audit experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- CPA license is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent client service.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.