CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides audit and assurance, taxation, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare and employee benefit plans, as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We have offices in Bradenton, Sarasota and Tampa, Florida.
About the role
As an Audit Manager, you will be responsible for the management of multiple engagement teams through the performance of audits, reviews, compilations and other attest functions for the Firm’s clients. The Audit Manager plays a significant role as the primary client contact to coordinate services to that client. You will also consult with clients in an advisory capacity from time to time. You will be expected to maintain your expertise within your current professional practice and be a leader in applying all applicable professional standards including generally accepted auditing standards and generally accepted accounting principles, as well as other AICPA pronouncements.
The Audit Manager will also participate in the management of the Firm’s audit and assurances department through research, training, scheduling, and other administrative and technical functions.
The ideal candidate will also exercise sound judgment that best serves their respective team and client base while adhering to the Firm’s philosophy, standards and policy.
We believe employees are the core to our success and therefore invest heavily in their success as well by providing a highly competitive compensation and benefit packages.
- Communicate with clients throughout the year; this involves a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of their business including awareness of opportunities to better serve the client rather than mere routine attendance to their immediate problems.
- Participate in client exit meetings and presentations.
- Review staff assignments, making certain they are appropriate.
- Keep Principals informed of all important developments and issues that occur, detail all relevant facts, conclusions and recommend action plans.
- Pursue professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Evaluate and guide technical staff in their professional development by leading trainings and offering constructive feedback.
- Research and offer technical guidance to the team and clients on new standards.
- Provide technical review of audit documentation and financial statements.
- Serve all Firm clients in all current markets, as needed.
- 8+ years of current audit experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA license is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent client service.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Travel to client sites and also between our three office locations is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected, and is a requirement for this job.