Audit Staff Accountant
CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty. Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in the Bradenton, Sarasota or Tampa offices.
About the role
As an Audit Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for the maintenance of client accounts as assigned. The ideal candidate will be eligible and have a desire to sit for the CPA license exam.
We believe employees are the core to our success and therefore invest heavily in their success as well by providing a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Review accounts on a daily basis and assist in preparing all tax forms and financial statements under the direction of a Senior Accountant.
- Understand and utilize CS&L’s Audit Methodology.
- 0-3 years experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- Additional post-graduate credits to be eligible for the Florida CPA exam preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to organize multiple projects while working independently or with a team.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and assist in all phases of engagement.
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Economics or other relevant field is highly desirable.