CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides auditing, taxation, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms and healthcare, as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in the Bradenton and Sarasota offices.
About the role
As a Staff, you will be responsible for performing audit procedures for all financial statement areas and will assist the team with preparing financial statements. This includes preparing workpapers to audit balances for client balance sheet and income statement accounts, as well as assisting in performing analytical procedures for major financial statement categories.
We believe employees are the core to our success and therefore invest heavily in their success through robust training, a team-based environment, and opportunity for advancement. We also provide a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Understand and utilize CS&L’s Audit Methodology.
- Perform audit procedures as directed by peers in charge of assigned engagements.
- Perform detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances.
- Prepare and adjust work papers accordingly.
- Obtain a basic understanding of the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other audit deliverables.
- 0-3 years experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- Additional post-graduate credits to be eligible for the Florida CPA exam preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to organize multiple projects while working independently or with a team throughout all phases of the engagement.
- Travel to client sites and also between our three office locations is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected, and is a requirement for this job.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or other relevant field is highly desirable.