Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal, Florida Trend Magazine and Forbes. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in the Bradenton and Sarasota offices.
As an Audit Staff, you will be responsible for performing audit procedures for all financial statement areas and will assist the team with preparing financial statements. This includes preparing workpapers to audit balances for client balance sheet and income statement accounts, as well as assisting in performing analytical procedures for major financial statement categories.
- Perform detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances.
- Perform audit procedures as directed by peers in charge of assigned engagements.
- Prepare and adjust work papers accordingly.
- Obtain a basic understanding of the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other audit deliverables.
- 0-3 years' experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university. Advanced degree in Accounting, or other relevant field is preferred.
- Additional post-graduate credits to be eligible for the Florida CPA exam preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to organize multiple projects while working independently or with a team throughout all phases of the engagement.
- Travel to client sites and also between our three office locations is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected, and is a requirement for this job.