As an Audit Supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision of multiple engagement teams through the performance of audits, reviews, compilations and other attest functions for the Firm’s clients. The Audit Supervisor’s role includes being the primary trainer of staff, and on site contact for the client, as well as the primary contact for the manager or in some cases, the Engagement Principal. The role includes workpaper preparation, review and other tasks as needed. You will also consult with clients in an advisory capacity from time to time. You will be expected to maintain your expertise within your current professional practice and be a leader in applying all applicable professional standards including generally accepted auditing standards and generally accepted accounting principles, as well as other AICPA pronouncements.
The Audit Supervisor will also participate in research, training, scheduling, and other administrative and technical functions.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to meet challenging client requirements and will provide services with strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
- Execute the day-to-day in charge auditor activities of various clients.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to managers and engagement principals.
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient.
- Understand and utilize CS&L’s Audit Methodology.
- Perform research on new audit and accounting standards and/or complex topics and share with the team.
- Assist in developing innovative solutions for clients and the firm.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to audit staff and seniors.
- 5+ years of current audit experience within a public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Master’s degree preferred.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and assist in all phases of engagement.
- CPA license required.
- Travel to client sites and also between our three office locations is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected, and is a requirement for this job.