Who we are:
CS&L CPAs is a full service public accounting firm that was established in 1954. We provide taxation, accounting, auditing and consulting services to individuals, businesses and organizations. CS&L is a widely recognized name in the community due to the outstanding reputation of our preceding and current partners.
CS&L has been recognized among the nation's "Best Firms for Equity Leadership" by the Accounting MOVE Project, named a “Small Business of the Year” by both the Sarasota and Manatee Chambers of Commerce, and a “Best Place to work in Tampa Bay” by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. We are a member of CPAmerica, Inc., which allows us to offer our clients the best of both worlds: The attention of a local firm with the knowledge and resources of an international association.
What we need:
The Controller is responsible for leading and overseeing all accounting matters with an emphasis on financial reporting, cash management, controls, and accounting processes. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a well-rounded background in accounting, compliance and internal controls and have excellent management and communication skills. This is a hands on role in the monthly accounting and financial reporting processing.
What you will do:
- Lead and oversee training and development for the Outsourced Accounting team.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees financial report generation and ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards, as applicable.
- Recommends benchmarks and metrics that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces various budgets and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information annual audits.
- Files monthly, quarterly and annual reports with grantors and other agencies, as applicable.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with substantial experience in a similar role.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation is required.
- You have preferably worked in Accounting for a midsized professional company.
- You are a motivated self-starter with problem solving skills, the aptitude to think independently, and motivation to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are used to working with and meeting deadlines.
- You have excellent communications skill whether that be in-person, over-the-phone or e-mail.
- You focus on delivering high quality, with extra attention on the details.
- You always maintain high levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- You have the expertise and professionalism to interact with any level of an organization.
- Your work style is flexible. Some tasks are great to tackle with a team, and other stuff you can handle on your own!
- You don’t mind responsibility, you’re accountable for your work and dedicated to a job well done.
About the Benefits:
A robust benefit package is offered after 60-days of employment. This includes medical, dental, and vision plans along with long term, short term disability, critical illness, accident insurance, identify theft protection, pet insurance, tele-health coverage plus CS&L pays for a $50,000 life insurance policy for each full time employee. A generous 401(k)program is also in place. Paid holidays and time off are also offered.
About our culture:
CS&L CPAs is a certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty. We offer a dynamic, team-oriented workspace, great benefits, and future career advancement opportunity.
We welcome all of the best talent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.
CS&L CPA’s is an equal opportunity employer.