CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We have three offices in Sarasota, Bradenton and Tampa, Florida.
The HR Coordinator role is full-time and nonexempt. This position reports up to the HR Manager. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm. There will be some required overtime during our peak seasons. Occasional travel is to be expected.
- Review benefit enrollments for accuracy and coordinators enrollment with our third party administrator.
- Ensures COBRA compliance by preparing the necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments (including QLEs and new hire eligibilities) and communicates with service providers concerning the routine administration of programs.
- Maintains employee records and documentation in a consistent manner.
- Maintains listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels, as per the HR Manager’s direction.
- Process employee action and disciplinary records; and ensures proper approvals.
- Prepares onboarding for new hires, and processes terminations as per our process.
- Assists in the hiring process by coordinating job postings on the website, reviews resumes and assists with recruiting events, as needed.
- Assist the HR Manager with internal audits of payroll and other HR documentation.
- Assist with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Schedule meetings and interviews, as requested.
- Photocopy, mail, scan and email documents; along with other clerical functions as assigned.
- Responsible for payroll administration and quarterly payroll filings.
- Administer deduction changes in payroll to ensure accurate record-keeping.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Psychology or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 2 years in an HR Administrative role, or similar function.
- Excellent computer literacy skills and software knowledge; including strong practical application of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Experience in processing payroll and coordinating benefits.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to organize and express thoughts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Desire to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to prioritize and organize data.
- Personal integrity and the ability to discreetly handle confidential data.