Payroll and Accounting Associate
The Payroll and Accounting Associate will process payroll and maintain employee timekeeping records for over 500 employees with a bi-weekly employee pay processing.
- Maintains and processes information in the payroll and time keeping systems; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, benefits, paid leave balances and accruals, and other information. Issue direct deposits and payroll checks.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits and other deductions.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
- Issues manual checks off-cycle. Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits, garnishments, and retirement fund contributions.
- Coordinates with HR staff on review of benefit invoicing and employee deductions for benefits.
- Prepares statistical reports as needed for audits and funding sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the accounting department.
- A minimum of 4 years’ of relevant payroll experience.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Business or Accounting is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Experience with various payroll systems is a requirement.
- Ability to organize multiple projects while working independently or with a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites or other office locations, as required.
- Experience in providing payroll services to multiple companies and organizations simultaneously is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Great Plains, QuickBooks, Intacct or other platforms. Good Excel spreadsheet and communication skills a must.