CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in our Bradenton, Sarasota, & Tampa locations.
About the role
As a Tax Manager, you will be responsible for the research and delivery of memos regarding various tax issues concerning new regulations and other complex topics. We expect this individual to be open in sharing their knowledge with their team and leadership to show good judgment in a manner that best serves clients’ needs and is reflective of our Firm’s values. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of general economic and political trends along with tax and other legislation that could affect the business climate.
We believe employees are the core to our success and therefore invest heavily in their success as well by providing a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Identify tax savings opportunities for assigned clients.
- Retain expertise in current professional practice.
- Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business year; this involves a thorough knowledge of clients and all facets of their business rather than mere routine attendance to immediate problems.
- Review staff assignments to ensure they are appropriate.
- Communicate with respective Principal regarding all important developments and issues that may occur.
- Record in detail all relevant facts, conclusion and desired actions.
- Work directly with the clients’ attorneys or brokers, taxing authority agents and other third parties.
- Prepare and discuss staff performance evaluations and set goals for your team.
- Evaluate and guide technical staff in their ongoing professional development.
- A minimum of 8 years of current tax experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- CPA license is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent client service.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in tax compliance, planning, research, and developing staff.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and assist in all phases of engagement.
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience in both public accounting and private accounting highly desirable.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field is preferred.