CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in the Bradenton, Sarasota or Tampa offices.
About the role
As a Tax Senior, you will be responsible for preparing and filing basic to advanced level Federal and State tax returns in a timely manner. You will be expected to maintain open communication with internal Supervisors, Managers and Principals to ensure quality assurance and workflows are continuing in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of individual and business taxation and the ability and willingness to work in a team environment to assist in all phases of engagement.
- Research tax issues and utilize technology effectively.
- Handle written correspondence internally and externally to clients with minimal review.
- Develop relationships with clients and prioritize daily responsibilities independently.
- Identify potential tax strategies to cross-sell the firm’s services.
- Assist in developing innovative solutions for clients and the firm.
- 2 + years of current tax experience within a public accounting firm.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required.
- Experience with tax research databases, tax/trial balance software and Excel.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent client service.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Must have a high level of integrity.