CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine. We are currently expanding our team and this role is open in our Bradenton, Sarasota, & Tampa locations.
About the role
As a Tax Supervisor, you will represent the Firm in a professional manner within the community and be responsible for overseeing the staffing and flow of tax engagements.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to meet challenging client requirements and will provide services with strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
We believe employees are the core to our success and therefore invest heavily in their success as well by providing a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Execute the day-to-day in charge tax activities of various clients, including preparation of complex tax returns and review of staff-prepared tax returns, managing deadlines.
- Identify and communicate accounting and tax matters to managers and engagement principals.
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the tax team is efficient.
- Understand and utilize CS&L’s tax methodology and procedures.
- Perform research on tax laws and regulations and/or complex topics and share with the team.
- Assist in developing innovative solutions for clients and the firm.
- Collaborate and assist respective Principal in annual staff performance reviews.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to Tax Staff and Senior staff members.
- 3-5 years of current tax experience within a public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA license eligible or obtained.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites or CS&L offices, when required.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and assist in all phases of engagement.
- Preferred skills: Advanced degree in Accounting, Economics or other related field highly desired.