We are seeking high-energy audit staff that will be responsible for performing audit procedures and assisting the team with preparing financial statements. This position is given a wide variety of diversified assignments under the supervision of other professionals. Professionals in this field possess excellent communication skills and are comfortable providing strategic and tactical accounting advice and recommendations to firm clients. Our audit professionals utilize technology to deliver effective client solutions and spend time researching new and developing changes in the field. Travel generally ranges from 10-20%.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance required
• CPA certified or CPA exam eligible highly desirable
• Beginning understanding of audit principles, practices and regulations
• Have a basic understanding of the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Displays the ability to independently identify problem areas early, research technical issues, and proactively resolve issues
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team focused environment
• Strong organization and detail orientation skills
• Excellent time management skills
Careers at CS&L
CS&L CPAs is a full service public accounting firm that was established in 1954. We provide taxation, accounting, auditing and consulting services to individuals, businesses and organizations. CS&L is a widely recognized name in the community due to the outstanding reputation of our preceding partners: Bob Christopher, Rick Smith and Ed Leonard. We are comprised of approximately 55 professional staff members, including eight Principals, between our offices in Bradenton, Sarasota and Tampa.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to understand each client’s unique situation, provide a high quality service experience, and offer exceptional solutions based on our clients’ personal goals or business objectives. Our Principals and staff are highly involved in the surrounding communities; many serve on local non-profit boards, frequently attend community meetings and events, and support a variety of charitable activities.
CS&L has been recognized among the nation's "Best Firms for Equity Leadership" by the Accounting MOVE Project, named a “Small Business of the Year” by both the Sarasota and Manatee Chambers of Commerce, and a “Best Place to work in Tampa Bay” by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. We are a member of CPAmerica, Inc., which allows us to offer our clients the best of both worlds: The attention of a local firm with the knowledge and resources of an international association.
CS&L offers a competitive wage with a robust benefit package and salary is commensurate with experience.
CS&L CPA’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.