As a Tax Manager, you will be responsible for the research and delivery of memos regarding various tax issues concerning new regulations and other complex topics. We expect this individual to be open in sharing their knowledge with their team and leadership to show good judgment in a manner that best serves clients’ needs and is reflective of our Firm’s values.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of general economic and political trends along with tax and other legislation that could affect the business climate.
1. Strong organization and follow-up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
2. Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome.
3. Demonstrates understanding of the importance of, and is willing to follow, current CS&L procedures; aligns with the CS&L vision, mission and core values.
1. Demonstrated ability to develop good relationships with clients and meet their expectations.
2. Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business year; this involves a thorough knowledge of clients and all facets of their business rather than mere routine attendance to immediate problems.
3. Work directly with the clients’ attorneys or brokers, taxing authority agents and other third parties.
1. Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
2. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills that are clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others; demonstrates good or developing negotiation skills.
3. Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic.
4. Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises.
5. Communicate with respective Principal regarding all important developments and issues that may occur.
1. Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information and challenges.
2. Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
1. Displays technical proficiency in tax preparation and assembly of related documentation.
2. Demonstrates a working knowledge of tax law including the ability to perform tax research and to prepare technical memorandums as required.
3. Interfaces with taxing authorities and assists with gathering the information for federal, state and local tax audits.
4. Ensures that work papers and tax returns are prepared in accordance with firm standards.
5. Displays the ability to independently identify problem areas early, research technical issues, and proactively resolve issues.
6. Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and use of internet resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Generally, a minimum of 8+ years of current tax experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
Licenses and Certificates:
A current and valid CPA license is required
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Referral program
• Vision insurance