As we observe the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, our hearts go out to the communities in Texas. There are many ways to help now and in the coming months as families, schools and businesses recover from the destruction. The employees of CS&L are participating in a fundraising program with a match from the firm through September 30. If you’re looking for opportunities to help, CS&L has collected the following resources and recommended charities that you can support.
- From the Texas Society of CPAs: Follow this link for a page of tax resources and disaster recovery information for businesses and owners affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- From Charity Navigator: If you’re looking for a local charity to support in the wake of Hurricane Harvey please consider Houston SPCA, Houston Humane Society, Houston Food Bank, Food Bank of Corpus Christi, or San Antonio Humane Society. These highly-rated organizations are located in the most-affected areas and are providing support to individuals and animals.
- From the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund: Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner has established the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund that will accept tax deductible donations. The fund is administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity. To make a financial donation, visit the GHCF website.
- From the Texas Diaper Bank: Diapers are not provided by disaster relief agencies. Cash and diaper donations (in both baby and adult sizes) are needed here.
- From the American Red Cross: To make a financial donation, visit the website, call 1.800.RED CROSS or text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation for those in need.
As fellow Gulf Coast residents, we understand all too well the devastation that a hurricane can force upon on a community. We have compassion for our neighbors and will do what we can to help them rebuild their lives. On behalf of the CS&L Cares initiative, we encourage your support.